WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 3 large over-ripe bananas
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup applesauce (or can use almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk... but I used applesauce)
- 1/2 cup honey (recipe calls for agave, honey worked great)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (I used white whole wheat flour, and the link gives some instruction on what she used to make it gluten-free)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Other optional ingredients: cinnamon, berries, nuts, raisins, I put some oats on the top of mine =)
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- IF YOU ARE USING ALMOND OR SOY MILK. Add a Tbsp of lemon juice and let it stand about a minute to let it curdle. Or... just use applesauce.
- Mash bananas in a container until smooth but a little chunky.
- Add the other wet ingredients to the bananas (lemon juice, applesauce, honey/agave).
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients. (I added cinnamon to my dry ingredients, about a Tbsp.) Then add the wet ingredients and stir well to coat the dry.
- In a greased or sprayed load pan, add the bread mixture. This is where I sprinkled some oats across the top and patted them in before baking. =)
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Insert toothpick and make sure it comes out clean!
Next time I will certainly beef this up with some nuts and berries. It was so good on it's own, though; and even better the next day after a night in the fridge!