On this morning's breakfast table, we have some delicious, low-cal, blueberry protein pancakes. These are quicker to make than regular pancakes, a great source of protein and fiber, and there isn't any sugar added. (Makes 4 small pancakes; about 300 calories for all of them!)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* 1 egg
* 1/4 cup lowfat organic cottage cheese
* 1/2 cup rolled oats
* 2 Tbsps wheat flour (for thickening)
* 1/2 cup blueberries
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/4 tsp cinnamon
* unsweetened applesauce
WHAT TO DO:
* Mix all ingredients together, except the applesauce. (If you don't use the flour, I can safely say the pancakes will not stay together.)
* Heat griddle/pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Drop pancake batter with a spoon into small discs, about orange sized. Heat until browned on each side. (They may not seem cooked through because of the cottage cheese; cook until not leaking much.)
* Serve topped with applesauce.
These pancakes are NOT SWEET. If you want to sweeten them up a bit, go for it; but I made them for a sugar-free protein option. The applesauce sweetens them just right!
"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art."
- La Rochefoucauld