WHAT YOU NEED:
* two tortillas (preferably wheat or high fiber if you have them)
* a third each green and red pepper, cut into strips
* 2 Tbs alouette light garlic and herb cheese spread
* olive oil/cooking spray, salt, pepper, garlic powder
WHAT TO DO:
* take the pepper strips and sautee them in olive oil with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
* warm up two tortillas in the microwave.
* spread each tortilla with a tablespoon of the light cheese.
* lay pepper across one tortilla and press the two tortillas together.
* put quesadilla in the pan and contine to sautee each side until a bit crispy.
I would have maybe added chicken if I had any, but it's delicious on it's own, too. And the whole thing took like 10 minutes from slicing to turning off the stove. A quick and easy lunch with a dose of fiber and antioxidants and Vitamin C. Bonus: red peppers have three times the Vitamin C as oranges, and almost an entire day's worth of Vitamin A!
"I run 6 to 8 miles a day, plus weights and aerobics on the lunch hour. I also lie a lot, which keeps me thin." - Hugh Laurie