Friday, April 12, 2013

Gazelle Girl tomorrow and running playlist!

So, tomorrow is the big Gazelle Girl Half-Marathon in Grand Rapids.  It's kind of cool because a), it's the first year for it, and b) it's all girls.  It should be neat, I'm pretty excited.  My husband is coming along to cheer us on, since he always does the marathon when I do halfs... makes it hard for him to see me finish!  To get pumped for a new spring of races, I've put together a new playlist of jams.  Some slow, some fast, some old, some new, hip hop, rock, oldies... because sometimes you gotta play it cool, and sometimes you need a boost!  In case anyone is looking for a few new songs for THEIR workout mix, here is about 2.3 hours worth...

Just Give Me A Reason- Pink (featuring Nate Ruess)
Takin' Care of Business- Bachman-Turner Overdrive
Hall of Fame- The Script
I Cry- Flo Rida
Troublemaker- Olly Murs
Takin' It To the Streets- Doobie Brothers
Harlem Shake- Baauer (I'll probably last all of 20 seconds into this one...)
Shake Ya Tailfeather- Nelly
Higher Ground- TNGHT
Anything Could Happen- Ellie Goulding
Mutha***ka Up- Tyga
Shake It Out- Florence + the Machine
Someday We'll Be Together- Diana Ross & The Supremes
Ni**as in Paris- Kanye West & Jay-Z
Can't Hold Us- Macklemore
Young Blood- Naked & Famous
Johnny B Goode- Chuck Berry
Good Time- Carly Rae Jepsen & Owl City
Thrift Shop- Macklemore
Take A Walk- Passion Pit
Lights- Ellie Goulding
Wipe Out- The Surfaris
Ain't No Mountain High Enough- Diana Ross
Suit & Tie- Justin Timberlake
Solsbury Hill- Peter Gabriel
You Make My Dreams- Hall & Oates
ABC- Jackson 5
Gone, Gone, Gone- Phillip Phillips
Little Secrets- Passion Pit
Carry On- Fun.
Stronger- Kanye West
My Girl- Temptations
Power- Kanye West
Feelin' Alright- Joe Cocker
How Sweet It Is- Marvin Gaye
My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark- Fall Out Boy

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and good luck to those running Gazelle Girl OR their first 13 at Borgess Run Camp tomorrow!  I know so many people who are out there, working hard towards 5k's, 13.1's, marathons... I love seeing so many people doing something awesome.

Until later...

"The reason we race isn't so much to beat each other, but to be with each other." ~ Christopher McDougall, "Born to Run" 

No comments:

Post a Comment