Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Yummy Oatmeal Cookies!

I stumbled across this recipe for some no-refined-sugar-added cookies when a friend commented on a photo on Facebook.  Thought I'd give them a try today, and they turned out very delicious!  Dairy-free, and easy to make gluten-free, too!  (The particular oatmeal I used does contain some wheat products.)

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

  • 3 ripe, mashed bananas
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 2 cups oats (I used some oatmeal with flax seed in it)
  • 1/4 cup almond milk (I used coconut milk)
  • 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
WHAT TO DO:
  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • Sliced and mashed the bananas.  I added the applesauce, stirring to mix it all up.
  • Added the cinnamon and vanilla.
  • Next I added the oats, one cup at time, mixing to coat.
  • Last, I added the coconut milk and raisins.  (Next time, I think I'll add some nuts, too!)
  • Bake at 350.  The recipe said 15-20 minutes, I did close to 30 minutes.  End result was, once they cooled, the texture was a lot more cookie-like than I figured it would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment