Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A quick sound-off...

I don't eat much junk food. Not fast food, not cookies, occasional chips. (I do fall prey to the bowl of chips and salsa, because salsa is my Achilles Heel.) While some people interpret this as "not living life to it's fullest" or something, I just don't believe in that kind of mentality. Why are we brainwashed to think that way? To invest our "feel-good" vibes and heart into something processed to the Nth degree, only to digest it and send it back to whence it came... it doesn't make sense.

Food is just food. It is there to feed your body. It's not there to feed your soul, it's not there to love you back, it's not there to occupy your children while you work on something.

By eating healthy, nutritious foods, I am free. Free to run, if I like. Free from the chains of a 2:30pm sugar-crash. Free to climb up a mountain and see the world, if I like. Free from the guilt that comes from the candy bar you weren't supposed to eat. I am free, because my body embraces healthy foods, knows how to feed my body well with healthy foods.

I am awake, I am healthy, I am alive.

And with that freedom comes a happiness that can only come from one place; your soul.

until later...

In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment